About Physical Therapy - Summary
Physical Therapy provides pain relief through a multifaceted treatment approach. Movement disorders such as neck pain, headaches, low back pain, shoulder tendinitis, knee pain, sprains, tennis elbow and limitations following surgery or injury can result in pain, swelling, and loss of motion. Our physical therapists can help provide relief from these problems and others.
Early physical therapy is crucial to minimize loss of motion, prevent chronic pain, and reduce risk of injury.
Why Performance Rehabilitation?
- Highly skilled caring physical therapists who specialize in all areas of the body,
as well as chronic pain, arthritis and obesity.
- Team approach for fast recovery.
- Low impact, user-friendly exercise equipment.
- Individualized care and education.
How to Start:
- Discuss with your doctor if physical therapy is right for you.
- You do not have to have a MD prescription to begin PT, however, most of our patients are referred by physicians.
- Our staff will check your coverage with your insurance company.
- CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT: (919) 708-7220.
On Your First Visit, your physical therapist will:
- Evaluate your condition and contributing factors.
- Establish treatment goals.
- Outline a therapy plan of care.
As You Progress through physical therapy:
- Your therapy plan will include:
"hands-on" care, exercise, and modalities such as ultrasound and electrical stimulation . . . all designed to speed your recovery.
- We work with your doctor. A copy of your treatment plan and updates of your progress will be sent to your physician.
- You will be encouraged to follow a home program