Physical Therapy provides pain relief through a multifaceted treatment approach. Movement disorders such as neck pain, headaches, low back pain, shoulder tendinitis, knee pain, sprains, tennis elbow and limitations following surgery or injury can result in pain, swelling, and loss of motion. Our physical therapists can help provide relief from these problems and others.
These are some, but not an all-inclusive list, of the conditions/diagnoses that are commonly treated in PT.
- ACL repair (Anterior cruciate ligament)
- ankle injuries
- ankle pain
- automobile accident injuries
- back injuries
- bone spurs
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- CDD (Cervical disc disease)
- Cerebral palsy
- cervical pain
- chronic pain
- DDD (Degenerative disc disease)
- DJD (Degenerative joint disease)
- elbow injuries
- elbow pain
- hand therapy
- head injuries
- heel spurs
- hip injuries
- hip pain
- impingement syndrome
- joint pain
- joint replacement therapy
- joint stiffness
- knee injuries
- lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- lumbago (low back pain)
- medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow )
- MPD (myofascial pain disorder)
- multiple sclerosis
- muscle re-education
- muscle weakness
- neck injuries
- neurological problems
- orthotic problems
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- plantar fasciitis
- post surgical patients of all kinds
- rotator cuff syndrome/repair
- shoulder dislocation
- shoulder injuries
- shoulder instability
- spinal stenosis
- sports injuries
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint)
- thoracic pain
Early physical therapy is crucial to minimize loss of motion, prevent chronic pain, and reduce risk of injury.
Why Performance Rehabilitation?
- Highly skilled caring physical therapists who specialize in all areas of the body,
as well as chronic pain, arthritis and obesity.
- Team approach for fast recovery.
- Low impact, user-friendly exercise equipment.
- Individualized care and education.
How to Start:
- Discuss with your doctor if physical therapy is right for you.
- You do not have to have a MD prescription to begin PT, however, most of our patients are referred by physicians.
- Our staff will check your coverage with your insurance company.
- CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT: (919) 708-7220.
On Your First Visit, your physical therapist will:
- Evaluate your condition and contributing factors.
- Establish treatment goals.
- Outline a therapy plan of care.
As You Progress through physical therapy:
- Your therapy plan will include:
"hands-on" care, exercise, and modalities such as ultrasound and electrical stimulation . . . all designed to speed your recovery.
- We work with your doctor. A copy of your treatment plan and updates of your progress will be sent to your physician.
- You will be encouraged to follow a home program